I have been a fan of Spec-Ops Brand weapon slings for some time. Having used them both in the military and in the private sector, I can attest to their durability and toughness. So I was really pleased when my friends at Spec-Ops Brand in Monahans, Texas sent me one of their flagship slings to field test, The Single Point Mamba.
To put it simply, this Sling is a BEAST!! Built like a Tank and simple to use.
This sling affords the shooter the best of both worlds without compromising performance or durability. The combat proven dual Power-Strike stretch zones allow for ultra-fast targeting and instant ambidextrous weapon handling. Mounts quickly and easily to nearly all weapons platforms currently fielded by US military and Law Enforcement organizations.
- High Performance: Dual “Power Strike” stretch zones make the sling ideal for vehicle mounted operations and CQB operations where strength and flexibility are critical.
- Maximum Comfort: The fully padded 100D Cordura shoulder pad utilizes closed-cell EVA foam for all-day comfort and years of dependable service.
- Fast & Accurate Targeting: “Center Balance Point” design, No-Snag Points and Dual “Power Strike” stretch zones allow for fast targeting from multiple positions.
- Ambidextrous: Allows for completely ambidextrous use of the weapon when “slicing the pie”.
- Mission Specific Colors: The Single Point Mamba is available in Duty uniform matching colors; Coyote Brown, ACU, Black and MultiCam.
- Duty Tough: With our Exclusive Hybrid tubular webbing, 1000 D Cordura, the toughest materials available and battle proven construction the Single Point Mamba is ready for a lifetime of dependable service.
- Dual Quick Release: Dual Quick-Release configuration allows the weapon to be instantly released while wearing the sling and/or the entire sling and weapon can be ditched in an emergency situation.
- Versatile: Fits most weapons mounted sling attachment points via steel H&K type snap-hook.
- Performance-Tough Hardware: All Spec.-Ops. Brand slings made with patented Battle-Buckles sling-specific hardware. The toughest, most functional polymer hardware on the planet!!!
- 100% Made in USA & Guaranteed For Life!
Here the Mamba is mounted on my Yugo M92 AK Pistol
The Mounting hardware is top notch, using H&K Type Snap-Hooks
One of the features that I think is extremely important, and for those of you that have carried a weapon around for long periods of time, you know what I am talking about, is the Quick-Release Battle Buckle, Very Handy when you don’t (or can’t) unsling your weapon, or, you have to ditch the weapon for whatever reason.
These are the “Power-Strike” Stretch Zones which allow for maximum versatility in targeting and positions.
I ran the Mamba on my M92 the whole day while doing a variety of drills. The sling performed flawlessly. As the description notes, it is totally ambidextrous, which,when doing corner shots, is extremely handy! The sling is also very COMFORTABLE, which when you are running drills all day or are on 12 hour patrols is one of the most important features!
Now I know there are a fair amount of single point slings out there that may LOOK similar, but when you start looking at the quality of the craftsmanship and materials, you will soon see the difference. Remember, Spec-Ops Brand Gear is Made in the U.S.A. in Texas by Texans, not in a Filipino Sweat Shop by 11 year olds getting paid $5 a day.
Gear up with the Best, Gear up with Spec-Ops Brand.
Stay Alert, Stay Armed and Stay Dangerous!