Yesterday was a Sad Day when 4 Marines and now a Navy Petty Officer (who was wounded but succumbed to his wounds Saturday) lost their lives not on a foreign battlefield, but right here in America by the hands of a coward terrorist. My deepest sympathies and heartfelt prayers go out to the families of these fallen heroes. I would also like to extend my gratitude and prayers for the Chattanooga Police Officer who was wounded in the firefight; I hope he makes a full recovery and is back on the street soon.
But beyond the tragedy of yesterday’s events is the realization (to me at least) that this government’s counter-terrorism policies, the policies created supposedly to protect American citizens like me and you, from tragedies like Chattanooga, for all of it’s tough talk and slick PR, is a paper tiger, and is currently placing American lives in danger.
The Sad Facts
- We have a govt that openly promotes islam and refuses to accept the ideal that islam is NOT a religion of PEACE. Recently President Barack Obama insisted Thursday that Islamist terrorist groups committing atrocities from the Middle East to Africa to Europe do not represent Islam, calling the idea that the West is at war with Islam “an ugly lie.” As if this was not enough, Two hours before the shootings took place in Chattanooga, our clueless POTUS took to twitter celebrating ramadan. Until this attitude changes, no real effective Counter-Terror Policies can be made. As Thomas Sowell famously said “If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared for barbarism.” That is EXACTLY what awaits the United States “en masse”if we don’t act now against ISIS. If you don’t believe that, watch this documentary.
- We have a Govt. that refuses to get tough on immigration and the tracking of foreign nationals on U.S. Soil. They have even gone so far as to create “sanctuary cities” where these ILLEGALS (not just people from Mexico btw) can hide out. Recently, this policy, cost an innocent woman her life, but I am sure the self-centered politicians have already forgotten that.
- When looked at as a whole, Our poor domestic counter-terrorism (CT) policies only reflect and are in part, a result of our poor (or non-existent) foreign CT policies.
Accordingly, We have no definite, outlined strategy to fight Terrorism abroad, as this TIME article suggest:
Our current “light footprint,” counter-terrorism approach, posits that a combination of precisely targeted drone strikes, U.S. special forces raids, and training small, elite units of local forces can kill enough of the extremists’ “core” leadership to render those groups incapable. But, there has never been a strategy behind this hope, never an articulated theory of the case to explain where we were headed.
Where does that leave us? Faced with horrific attacks by extremists bent on creating a new reality with no place for our model of a liberal, secular world based on mutual respect for differences, what do we need? Leadership. Leaders who will explain just how tough the choices are and how high the stakes. Leaders who have the breadth of vision to understand that there are no quick, easy fixes. We need leaders ready to admit that we can’t kill our way out of the extremist problem. The application of force without a commitment to justice is neither effective nor worthy of the America we want to be.
- We disarm our own Military Police on Military Bases! This is beyond stupid. This needs to change NOW.
- The promotion of “gun free” Zones in this Country is a total joke. You think the criminals and terrorist care about “zones” you install to make yourself (liberal commies) supposedly feel safer? This facade of security the liberals idiots in this country have created for themselves and then pushed on the rest of us to “supposedly” make communities safer has backfired. Ask yourself, if that recruitment center in Chattanooga was not a “gun free” zone, could that rampage been have averted because of an armed citizen? Statistics say YES.
As you can see, the Govt. record positively SUCKS when it comes to protecting its own people, and whats worse, they have no plan to change it!
The answer for your own SECURITY lies not in the Government, but in YOU!
It is Not Enough to Own a Gun folks. As Cooper famously said “A Good Gun is useless without a good plan.” You must train regularly and practice the skills needed to survive a mass shooting like this. This training must be realistic and practical. It makes no sense for a civilian to use training methods that a SWAT sniper or Navy SEAL might use..stop wasting your time with fairy tale training! When the shit hits the fan, you are not gonna have a “battle buddy” I can assure you. It is just gonna be you most likely…So train that way.
One of my contributing Authors, CR Williams has put out a book, called Facing the Active Shooter. I suggest all you guys get it and read it. I have also put out a an article on my personal take on how to face Active Shooters, read that HERE.
Stay Alert, Stay Armed and Stay Dangerous!