Though I am tucked away down here in Texas, I have relatives and close friends on the east coast that are in the path of this storm.
Though I preach preparedness and thinking ahead constantly, I hope all you guys have taken steps to get ready for this thing……….
If not, here are some simple things you can do NOW:
- If you have not already got one, a NOAA radio like this one are excellent.
- In a large plastic storage container, put the following items:
- First Aid and Trauma Kit for Household
- Personal and Hygiene Items
- Blankets and Pillows
- Water (3 days worth for total number in your home)
- Food (3 Days worth, Non-Perishable, high calorie for total number in your home)
- 3 Flashlights and a Headlamp (plus plenty of batteries)
- Set of Basic Tools (a good Multi-Tool will suffice)
- Good Fixed and Folding Knife
- Cell phones (with chargers..my NOAA radio has a crank charger with an adapter for both my cell phones)
- Ammo, Mags and Tools for Firearms
The American Red Cross has an excellent web site on disaster preparation…very basic, but good stuff, it will provide a basic template.
God Bless and Hang Tough Brothers!