From the looks of things, after it goes over Haiti, this thing is tracking toward the East Coast of Florida, possibly a Cat 3 when it makes landfall. Of course it is a crap shoot on how these things turn out, but the smart thing to do right now if you live on the East Coast of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina is to PREPARE now for high winds, flooding, power loss, etc.
On a program last night on the Weather Channel they were talking to a news anchor who lived in Haiti and she said from what she had seen in the last several hurricanes that had hit there is that most people wait until the last minute to prepare, which explains the massive number of casualties you usually hear about in these island nations.
Don’t become a statistic…..PREPARE NOW!
I typically don’t comment on anything regarding “celebrities” because honestly, I don’t give a crap.
There are much more important things that deserve our attention in the world than who is screwing who, who is divorcing who or who is going to rehab for sniffing glue.(ha ha that rhymed unintentionally).
But this incident is interesting to the CO for a couple of different reasons: One, it is a good example of how the criminal elements in the world work and function, even among the “legitimate” world and Two, There is a serious security cautionary message for the CO in this tale.
First of all, let’s address the elephant in the room.
It is my opinion that this whole thing was an inside job from beginning to end; an elaborate INSURANCE SCAM initiated by Kardashian and her thuggish husband Kanye West.
You see, folks who have a ton of money ALWAYS insure their valuables. This includes clothes, shoes, jewelry, whatever, It also applies to financial instruments like bearer bonds, in which there is a huge demand on the BLACK MARKET for, especially in Europe, but that is a different story altogether.
But Why would they do this you ask? I mean go to all this trouble to have your own stuff stolen?
Well there are a ton of reasons… DEBT being the primary one. You have to remember folks, just because somebody appears “Wealthy” does not mean everything is Rosy in Paradise; more often than not, these type of people stay in financial straits due to bad investments, gambling or drug problems, the list goes on.
So, if you are enterprising enough and are willing to play the odds that you will not be caught, You hire a crack team of bandits to “rob” you.
Kardashian then files a claim on the insurance in which ultimately, after a long investigation, she will be reimbursed 100% of what was lost.
Meanwhile, the bandits are allowed to fence the jewels and gold on the Black market and depending on the prior agreement, keep anywhere from 50 to 60% while the remaining 40% or so goes back to Kardashian. So at the end of the day Kardashian and West walk away with 140%.
If you do the math on the value of the jewels stolen (at least what they are TELLING us was stolen) which is $11 Million, 40% of that is $4.4 Million, so Kardashian and West walk away with roughly $15.4 Million after this little con while the jewel thieves, depending on what they can get from their fence (say 60% of the jewels value or better) take home roughly $6.6 Million. Please bear in mind these are estimated rough figures; I have no ideal the current black market fence price for jewels and gold in Paris or Switzerland or wherever they went to dump them!
But even if my math is off a tad, you can still see how this is not bad for 10 minutes worth of work!
Bear in mind though, that is just one possible scenario and I may be totally wrong.
Kardashian may have been simply the victim of a well planned and executed robbery.
It certainly would not be the first at this Hotel if you read about it’s history and background.
And that brings us to our Cautionary Tale Tip of the Day:
DO NOT advertise what you own (jewels, firearms, antiques, etc.) on SOCIAL MEDIA!!
This clueless woman posted pictures of this jewelry on Instagram, including a ring worth $4 million!!!
I have said for years Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) is a BAD ideal, and this is just ONE of the MANY reasons why.
Thieves and Criminals absolutely love social media for the simple fact a large percentage of clueless sheeple do the criminals “legwork” for them! Now, the crook does not have to go out physically and LOOK for an easy mark, all they have to do is log on to Facebook and pick one.
Don’t be that clueless guy or gal!
Stay Alert, Stay Armed and Stay Dangerous!